On Reading
One of my resolutions, not necessarily for the New Year, is to feed my mind through reading. I used to love books...or any printed reading material for that matter. Unfortunately, I have not been able to fully indulge in it since I became a wife and mother.
Since late last year I've been keeping myself updated through free magazines (c/o my husband's pr agency) Working Mom, Moms Today, Food and Health Today. Now I also invest in Good Housekeeping. I bought fashion magazines when we were in the States because it seemed cheap when I bought in USD - $3.99, $2.99. I could not bring myself to buy the local fashion magazines here because of the word "hundred" in the prices - P140, P100. It's psychological. Anyway, I'm only interested in the beauty section which I can get in the mommy magazines.
As for books, I just finished reading Twilight - a Christmas gift from my brother-in-law. I thought I'd never join the bandwagon since the movie didn't impress me much but the book was definitely better than the film. Plus, I appreciated the fact that I didn't have to exert much effort in imagining how the characters looked like, thanks to Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. I'm a sucker for vampire stories so I'll probably buy the three other books in the Twilight saga.
Since late last year I've been keeping myself updated through free magazines (c/o my husband's pr agency) Working Mom, Moms Today, Food and Health Today. Now I also invest in Good Housekeeping. I bought fashion magazines when we were in the States because it seemed cheap when I bought in USD - $3.99, $2.99. I could not bring myself to buy the local fashion magazines here because of the word "hundred" in the prices - P140, P100. It's psychological. Anyway, I'm only interested in the beauty section which I can get in the mommy magazines.
As for books, I just finished reading Twilight - a Christmas gift from my brother-in-law. I thought I'd never join the bandwagon since the movie didn't impress me much but the book was definitely better than the film. Plus, I appreciated the fact that I didn't have to exert much effort in imagining how the characters looked like, thanks to Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. I'm a sucker for vampire stories so I'll probably buy the three other books in the Twilight saga.
Next on my list is a book that I was able to borrow from a friend - The Discipline Book by William Sears, M.D. and Martha Sears, R.N.
Reading is an activity that helped me brush up on my English. I hope I could inspire my child(ren) to enjoy reading as much as I do.

Comments
oh and may this new year bring more blessings and opportunities for greatness your way :)
Mec