On Breastfeeding
I wonder...Should I have breastfed my daughter until she turned 2 years old?
This thought came to mind because she's been getting sick a lot since we arrived from the States around end-October of last year. Honestly, I'm tired of going to the doctor's clinic.
She was around 11 months old when I stopped breastfeeding her. I thought that was enough to build her immune system, enough to ward off any genetically-acquired sickness.
Whenever I think about it, I feel guilty. I know I'm not supposed to feel that way. I guess it's just a mother's natural reaction - to feel that maybe I could have done something to prevent her from getting sick now.
This thought came to mind because she's been getting sick a lot since we arrived from the States around end-October of last year. Honestly, I'm tired of going to the doctor's clinic.
She was around 11 months old when I stopped breastfeeding her. I thought that was enough to build her immune system, enough to ward off any genetically-acquired sickness.
Whenever I think about it, I feel guilty. I know I'm not supposed to feel that way. I guess it's just a mother's natural reaction - to feel that maybe I could have done something to prevent her from getting sick now.

Comments