Do you ever have your child watch TV or a video so you can get a break?
I got this question from Babycenter.com. My answer? I WISH!
My 11-month old is not fond of watching television. She likes to play, play, play! Now that she knows how to stand, walk and (occasionally) run, we are challenged to be physically fit. Not to mention emotionally strong! It's so hard to make her stay in one place.
MIL and I are currently attempting to train her to get used to her playpen. Ever since she was an infant, it seemed that she was having a hard time getting used to being confined to...anything! Well, she hated being swaddled in a blanket when she was born. She was the only baby in the nursery without a blanket and wiggling her arms and legs! It was obvious from the start that this kid loved having her hands and legs free. She loves to move around now and I can't have that all the time especially now that we're here in the US where I have to do most of the household chores.
Whenever we put her in the playpen, she'd cry and it would seem that she's begging you to pick her up. Yup. It's heartbreaking for me to see here like that. That's why I just leave the room and leave her with MIL while she's in the playpen. She has to get used to it. Once MIL leaves for Canada this June, it'll be baby and mommy most of the time at home and I won't be able to do much if she keeps roaming around. There's the risk of hitting her head on furniture edges or swallowing something she picks up from the floor. Oh and I can't have her in the kitchen while I'm preparing our meals. What if she gets hit by hot oil while I'm frying? Or what if the knife accidentally falls off the counter? I don't want to think about what might happen. She has to get used to the pen.
This week I'm getting her DVDs for babies so that we can train her to watch videos while she's in the playpen. We're hoping that she'll enjoy watching so that she won't cry that much anymore.
So do I ever have my child watch TV or a video so I can get a break?
I WILL. HOPEFULLY, SOON.
My 11-month old is not fond of watching television. She likes to play, play, play! Now that she knows how to stand, walk and (occasionally) run, we are challenged to be physically fit. Not to mention emotionally strong! It's so hard to make her stay in one place.
MIL and I are currently attempting to train her to get used to her playpen. Ever since she was an infant, it seemed that she was having a hard time getting used to being confined to...anything! Well, she hated being swaddled in a blanket when she was born. She was the only baby in the nursery without a blanket and wiggling her arms and legs! It was obvious from the start that this kid loved having her hands and legs free. She loves to move around now and I can't have that all the time especially now that we're here in the US where I have to do most of the household chores.
Whenever we put her in the playpen, she'd cry and it would seem that she's begging you to pick her up. Yup. It's heartbreaking for me to see here like that. That's why I just leave the room and leave her with MIL while she's in the playpen. She has to get used to it. Once MIL leaves for Canada this June, it'll be baby and mommy most of the time at home and I won't be able to do much if she keeps roaming around. There's the risk of hitting her head on furniture edges or swallowing something she picks up from the floor. Oh and I can't have her in the kitchen while I'm preparing our meals. What if she gets hit by hot oil while I'm frying? Or what if the knife accidentally falls off the counter? I don't want to think about what might happen. She has to get used to the pen.
This week I'm getting her DVDs for babies so that we can train her to watch videos while she's in the playpen. We're hoping that she'll enjoy watching so that she won't cry that much anymore.
So do I ever have my child watch TV or a video so I can get a break?
I WILL. HOPEFULLY, SOON.

Comments