Yey Yaya!
My daughter's new yaya (nanny) arrived today...after I entertained the thought of not getting one anymore. Yes, I dared to think of not getting someone to look after my daughter.
I've interviewed a few yaya applicants since we arrived from the US and I've always found a reason not to hire them. Perhaps God wanted me to get one because there wasn't anything I didn't like (initially) about the new yaya. She doesn't have kids of her own, her eyebrows aren't shave, her nails are short and unpolished, she keeps her long hair tied, she looks clean, she didn't wince when I mentioned she'd have to wear a uniform, she's younger than me and she looks patient.
Now she's all over the house...following my daughter. And I am here with my laptop. Working on my blog :)
I've interviewed a few yaya applicants since we arrived from the US and I've always found a reason not to hire them. Perhaps God wanted me to get one because there wasn't anything I didn't like (initially) about the new yaya. She doesn't have kids of her own, her eyebrows aren't shave, her nails are short and unpolished, she keeps her long hair tied, she looks clean, she didn't wince when I mentioned she'd have to wear a uniform, she's younger than me and she looks patient.
Now she's all over the house...following my daughter. And I am here with my laptop. Working on my blog :)

Comments
just wondering, are you from a european country?
In today's Sweden, employers of the few number of remaining domestic workers (often in Stockholm's richer families) may not be so strict, but some may still require the girls (domestic workers in Sweden have often been young girl, even if they) to wear uniforms like that an nametags or forbid long hair, and at least still require the girl to "behave good". I don't know if it's common or not, but it was more common before the 1970's and I think it's difficult to say since those girls today are so few.