Passing Southern California
Our last two weeks in the US were spent in Southern California; Los Angeles through San Diego. We got the Southern California City Pass which gave us access to five (5) parks - Universal Studios, Disneyland, Disneyland California Adventure, Sea World and San Diego Zoo. In additon to the five parks, we went to Legoland.
It was exciting and exhausting. Not to mention fattening! I gained so much weight during those two weeks. Was the weight gain worth it? It never is. But the child in me had a wonderful time.
Disneyland was not quite as I had imagined. It did not exceed my expectations. For one, the castle looked smaller in actuality. I thought Mickey Mouse (the mascot) would be all over Disneyland but we didn't see him until the parade at night. It's A Small World, which I was so looking forward to, was closed for renovation AND management cancelled the fireworks due to wind conditions. We wanted to demand for a refund. Kidding. Despite the few setbacks, we still enjoyed the experience in the happiest place on earth.


Universal Studios. We were so excited that we arrived just in time for the park to open its gates to the visitors. I was looking forward to seeing Wisteria Lane during the studio tour and was not disappointed. The rides were not bad. I especially enjoyed The Simpsons Ride. What I really loved about the park was that they prioritized guests with children. They had this Child Switch system that gave special attention to guest with kids (who can't go on the rides); the system made sure that all the adults are able to enjoy their rides. Perfect for families!


Sea World, San Diego. Honestly, I didn't enjoy the park so much. If you've been to several aquariums, Sea World would not be that exciting at all. However, they had an edge over the aquariums and water parks I've visited. Sea World, San Diego had Shamu.
Disneyland California Adventure is the smaller park across Disneyland. It is home to Pixar and the new generation of animation and Disney movies. Their parade looked much more colorful to me. Probably because we watched it in daylight. My daughter enjoyed watching characters from Monsters, Inc., The Incredibles, Toy Story, etc. in their floats. Although I didn't get to try the rides, I'm sure they're much more thrilling than the kiddie ones in Disneyland.


Animals, animals and more animals! Naturally, that's all we saw in San Diego Zoo. The zoo itself is beautiful. The animals, again, more healthy than the ones in Manila Zoo. Just like a restaurant, the zoo had a specialty. San Diego Zoo's was the panda bear and that's mainly the reason why I went there.



It was exciting and exhausting. Not to mention fattening! I gained so much weight during those two weeks. Was the weight gain worth it? It never is. But the child in me had a wonderful time.
Disneyland was not quite as I had imagined. It did not exceed my expectations. For one, the castle looked smaller in actuality. I thought Mickey Mouse (the mascot) would be all over Disneyland but we didn't see him until the parade at night. It's A Small World, which I was so looking forward to, was closed for renovation AND management cancelled the fireworks due to wind conditions. We wanted to demand for a refund. Kidding. Despite the few setbacks, we still enjoyed the experience in the happiest place on earth.
Universal Studios. We were so excited that we arrived just in time for the park to open its gates to the visitors. I was looking forward to seeing Wisteria Lane during the studio tour and was not disappointed. The rides were not bad. I especially enjoyed The Simpsons Ride. What I really loved about the park was that they prioritized guests with children. They had this Child Switch system that gave special attention to guest with kids (who can't go on the rides); the system made sure that all the adults are able to enjoy their rides. Perfect for families!
Sea World, San Diego. Honestly, I didn't enjoy the park so much. If you've been to several aquariums, Sea World would not be that exciting at all. However, they had an edge over the aquariums and water parks I've visited. Sea World, San Diego had Shamu.
Disneyland California Adventure is the smaller park across Disneyland. It is home to Pixar and the new generation of animation and Disney movies. Their parade looked much more colorful to me. Probably because we watched it in daylight. My daughter enjoyed watching characters from Monsters, Inc., The Incredibles, Toy Story, etc. in their floats. Although I didn't get to try the rides, I'm sure they're much more thrilling than the kiddie ones in Disneyland.
Animals, animals and more animals! Naturally, that's all we saw in San Diego Zoo. The zoo itself is beautiful. The animals, again, more healthy than the ones in Manila Zoo. Just like a restaurant, the zoo had a specialty. San Diego Zoo's was the panda bear and that's mainly the reason why I went there.
Legoland was probably the best of all the theme parks. This was the one that I enjoyed the most. It was just so amazing to see so everything made out of those little blocks that we all love. Imagine, animals made out of Lego - dogs, elephants, birds, wolves, bears. And I'm talking about life-size figures here! If there was one place I would want to bring my brother to, Legoland would be it. Being in the park brought back fond childhood memories and I wouldn't mind visiting the park over and over again.

Comments