The Singles Encounter #15

We are a group of friends gathered in God’s Love. We gather to grow spiritually by knowing His word, praying to Him, and by living the Word in serving others. We are a community where everyone can experience His Love and the love of others. Thus, in whatever we do, others will see God shining through us, and will be inspired to be part of us.


About eight years ago, along with 64 other single men and women, I attended a retreat at Angels' Hills, Tagaytay. It was a Singles Encounter Retreat organized by the Singles Apostolate of St. James the Great Parish, Ayala Alabang. It was a weekend I vaguely remember but I know that it changed my life forever.

Through the Singles Apostolate, I met a lot of people who inspired me to serve God in so many ways. I used to live in Makati yet, for some reason, I always found myself in Alabang doing something with the community - teaching sessions, outreach activities, prayer meetings, care groups, etc. It made me very busy yet the Singles Apostolate became my sanctuary from the stress of corporate life. More importantly, it taught me how to communicate with our creator through PRAYER.

Joining the community did not make me any richer or more popular. There were times when I'd get disappointed with some of its members or with the apostolate itself. However, no community is perfect and it is during times of challenges within the apostolate when faith is truly tested.

I was part of SE No. 4. Now the apostolate is getting ready for the 15th batch of Singles.

If you know anyone who is single, more than 22 years of age, living in the cities of Muntinlupa, Las Pinas and Paranaque and who would like to have a deeper relationship with God, perhaps you would like to invite him or her to join the Singles Encounter Retreat No. 15 at Angels' Hills, Tagaytay on December 3 to 5, 2008.

There are 29 slots left.

Let me know.

Comments

Popular Posts