She's MY Baby. I'm NOT Complaining.

Certain people keep comparing my daughter with other kids.

"X's baby is so well-behaved. I wonder why (your) baby is so malikot."
"I saw this baby in the airport, she was so quiet. Your baby should be like that too when you're travelling."
"Z's baby doesn't cry while he's in the crib. We should train (your) baby to stay in the crib and just watch Baby Einstein"
"A's baby sleeps through the night. (Your) baby should learn how to sleep through the night."
"C's baby can sleep on her own in the crib. Maybe we should train (your) baby to sleep by herself in the crib."
"Y's baby doesn't put things in her mouth all the time. Why does (your) baby bite everything she sees?"
"My kids were so easy to take care of when they were babies. I'd just leave them inside the crib and they're okay. They're unlike (your) baby."

These are just some of things I hear from these certain people. Honestly, I'm just so tired of it. I don't mind if I hear it once, twice or even five times. But I hear it over and over AND over again! Like a million and one times already! It's just plain irritating!

My daughter is healthy, active, curious, playful and smart. She's not the only baby in the world who still asks for milk in the middle of the night - isn't it normal for an 11-month old baby to do that? She probably likes interacting with me that's why she hates being cooped up in the crib. It's not easy to put on her diapers because she doesn't like to lie still on the changing table or wherever she's being changed.

Anyway, so what? I'M NOT COMPLAINING.

Didn't it occur to these certain people that maybe my baby, with her personality, was given to me by God because He knows I can manage to take care of her? Maybe those who have quiet or easy-to-handle-kids are meant to have them because God knows they won't be able to keep up with more active children. Di ba????

Oh well. It's a good thing I'm not so sensitive. But then, what gives these certain people (who, by the way, are very sensitive to things being said to them) the right to be tactless and insensitive?!

Comments

theworkingmom said…
Hi Sujee! Long time no visit.

Anyway, I would like to echo your sentiments. People would always compare my son to other children and it's annoying. Iba iba naman ang mga bata kasi. Kahit sa adults.

Anyway, I would like to invite you to join the Pinoy Parenting Blog Carnival. We're on our third edition. Details are here

Joey

Popular Posts