Travelling Alone with Baby, Delayed Flight, Etc.
It was my first time to travel with my daughter sans M last December 19th. Although my brother took the same flight, I still had to take care of my little girl by myself. She would frown at every attempt her uncle would make to hold her. The couple of times I had to hand her over to her uncle, she cried pitifully.
As usual, my active toddler didn't want to be confined to her stroller. After whimpering, moaning and stretching, I gave in and let her walk. It wasn't the best of decisions. As soon as I unstrapped her, she headed...everywhere! The boarding area became her playground and she kept going around and around to the amusement of most passengers.
All seats in the Cebu Pacific boarding area faced the stairs. One of my daughter's favorite things to do in the world is go up the stairs. So she would go climb the stairs and I would follow her then bring her down. I think we did this more than 10 times during our waiting period. I'm sure the other passengers enjoyed the show. It was so exhausting for me. I really hated Cebu Pacific for the delayed flight since it meant more chasing time for me.
When it was time to board the plane, about 45 minutes later than scheduled, I was in front of the line. I was so excited to go inside the plane because I knew my daughter would behave once inside. Wrong! The flight got delayed at least 30 minutes more and they would not turn on the airconditioner (for another silly reason). I was at the point of cursing Cebu Pacific. Good thing my little girl got tired and decided to hit the bottle. Poor baby fell asleep because of the heat inside the plane. In fact, the heat lulled me to sleep, too. Our 12:05pm flight left at around 2:00pm. Almost 2 hours delayed.
I wouldn't mind travelling alone again with my daughter but it will not be with Cebu Pacific again. Nor will it be with Philippine Airlines which is also notorious for delayed flights.
As usual, my active toddler didn't want to be confined to her stroller. After whimpering, moaning and stretching, I gave in and let her walk. It wasn't the best of decisions. As soon as I unstrapped her, she headed...everywhere! The boarding area became her playground and she kept going around and around to the amusement of most passengers.
All seats in the Cebu Pacific boarding area faced the stairs. One of my daughter's favorite things to do in the world is go up the stairs. So she would go climb the stairs and I would follow her then bring her down. I think we did this more than 10 times during our waiting period. I'm sure the other passengers enjoyed the show. It was so exhausting for me. I really hated Cebu Pacific for the delayed flight since it meant more chasing time for me.
When it was time to board the plane, about 45 minutes later than scheduled, I was in front of the line. I was so excited to go inside the plane because I knew my daughter would behave once inside. Wrong! The flight got delayed at least 30 minutes more and they would not turn on the airconditioner (for another silly reason). I was at the point of cursing Cebu Pacific. Good thing my little girl got tired and decided to hit the bottle. Poor baby fell asleep because of the heat inside the plane. In fact, the heat lulled me to sleep, too. Our 12:05pm flight left at around 2:00pm. Almost 2 hours delayed.
I wouldn't mind travelling alone again with my daughter but it will not be with Cebu Pacific again. Nor will it be with Philippine Airlines which is also notorious for delayed flights.

Comments