The Carseat and The High Chair
I just realized that it's been two weeks already since we arrived here in the States. And, I must say, it's really been a very interesting couple of weeks for me here in Deerfield, Illinois. Especially because I don't have a yaya (nanny) to help take care of our little girl here. You can just imagine how super exciting this experience is for me and my husband.
We did have an infant carseat in Manila. However, our little princess only used it for 3 months. I guess we got tired of taking it in and out of the car. On her fourth month, she was sitting on yaya's lap whenever we'd travel. The day we found out that we were going to the States for 6 months, we let her try the carseat again. She cried so hard that we surrendered and let yaya hold her again.
We did have an infant carseat in Manila. However, our little princess only used it for 3 months. I guess we got tired of taking it in and out of the car. On her fourth month, she was sitting on yaya's lap whenever we'd travel. The day we found out that we were going to the States for 6 months, we let her try the carseat again. She cried so hard that we surrendered and let yaya hold her again.
Since it's a requirement for kids to be in a carseat here, we had no choice but to put her in one. And the first time we put her in it, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. She sounded like she was being tortured! Her deafening screams echoed inside the car and I just had to ignore it so that she'd get used to the carseat. Thankfully, after two tries, she must've accepted the fact that it was part of her life here. Now she sleeps in it whenever we'd go for a drive.
Now it's a good thing that our baby got used to eating while being on a high chair when we were in Manila. Otherwise, that would be another thing to think about. What's really nice about being here in the US is that there are so many options for our babies. Instead of spending on a high chair, we found a cheaper alternative. We got our little princess a Fisher-Price Rainforest Healthy Care Booster Seat that we can just strap on our regular dining table. It's such a clever little thing! It keeps our baby occupied while we're preparing her meals. Whenever she'd get fussy while eating, we just snap on the toys and it becomes easier for us to feed her. It's easy to clean, easy to bring around and it's not expensive at all. Not to mention that it's a super space-saver!
I swear, could fall in love with this country just because of the number of super nice baby items available in Wal-Mart.

Comments
i'm training my son to sit with belt on, but he refuses nowadays. i need to show hubby that son is in his best behavior in the car so he would allow us to go anywhere (me on the driver seat and son at the back buckled up).