Home Cook


We just moved into our new apartment the other day - our home for the next few months. From Hawthorn Suites in Vernon Hills, we're now in Deerfield, Illinois - a beautiful, small community north of Chicago.

The apartment is conveniently located at the town's center. A couple of minutes away from the mall, train, Catholic church. The building's entire first floor is a commercial area. There's Starbucks, Chipotle - a Mexican restaurant, a salon for kids. There are more stores; I haven't really explored our building yet. The community is pre-dominantly Caucasian (a.k.a. White). Most of the people here are from the upper middle class. My husband pointed out that there was no KFC in the area. What did he mean? The rich people here don't eat KFC? Hehe!

What I really love about the apartment is the big kitchen! I so love to cook! For our first dinner at "home", I made steak and salad for my husband. Of course, there was rice and our baby had baby food :)





Comments

Popular Posts