Maternal Expectations

Every pregnancy is different.  This was what my OB-Gyne told me almost 8 months ago when I confirmed that I was pregnant with my second child. 

Although I felt stronger and more confident at the start because I had an uneventful first pregnancy, I didn't expect to be confined to the bed for 4 weeks during my 6th month because of spotting.  Because of bedrest, I was more conscious of the discomforts of pregnancy.  Also, this time, I was found to have a short cervix and at risk of pre-term labor.    

The OB-Gyne was right.  This time it's different.  I also realized that I needed to re-inform myself about pregnancy facts.  I appreciate What To Expect When You're Expecting now more than I did before.  Perhaps because I am already experienced in pregnancy and childbirth yet I still don't really know what to expect this time.  Plus the fact that I will be giving birth in a new hospital with a new OB-Gyne. 



As I approach my last few weeks, I am a little bit anxious about the childbirth itself - the pain, the waiting time, etc.  I am excited to see how my son looks like and how his face will change as he grows.  Will he look like his big sister?  Lastly, I'm looking forward to entering another chapter in my life. 



 

Comments

Popular Posts