Costly Countdown Party
The past couple of weeks I've been searching for a venue where we can spend New Year's Eve with my husband's side of the family. All of us want to book a hotel room for December 31st and probably go to the hotel's countdown party.
It's such a surpise to me how much these countdown parties cost! Sofitel Philippine Plaza charges Php6,000 per head while Shangri-la has two (2) options: Php5,500++ at the lounge, Php5,900++ at the ballroom. After calling the two hotels, I stopped myself from dialing The Peninsula's number since I'm positive that it'll be in the same price range.
Php6,000 per head just to drink champagne and shout "5, 4, 3, 2, 1"? No. I don't think I'm ready to spend that much. I don't think I'll ever have the nerve to spend Php6,000+ on myself for a countdown party. It's just sinful.
Php6,000...
- can buy so much food at Jollibee for street children
- can pay for a public school student's tuition for a year
- can be the combined salary of two household helpers
- can buy one medium-sized lechon that can feed many
My goodness.
It's such a surpise to me how much these countdown parties cost! Sofitel Philippine Plaza charges Php6,000 per head while Shangri-la has two (2) options: Php5,500++ at the lounge, Php5,900++ at the ballroom. After calling the two hotels, I stopped myself from dialing The Peninsula's number since I'm positive that it'll be in the same price range.
Php6,000 per head just to drink champagne and shout "5, 4, 3, 2, 1"? No. I don't think I'm ready to spend that much. I don't think I'll ever have the nerve to spend Php6,000+ on myself for a countdown party. It's just sinful.
Php6,000...
- can buy so much food at Jollibee for street children
- can pay for a public school student's tuition for a year
- can be the combined salary of two household helpers
- can buy one medium-sized lechon that can feed many
My goodness.

Comments