Learning to Not Wash the Dishes

Since April we have only used our dishwasher no more than four times. However, when my brother-in-law arrived from Sweden last July, he insisted that we use the appliance. Once he learned that our electricity and water bills were being paid for by my husbands company, Kuya refused to let anyone handwash the dishes.

So we did. So I did. And, my, did I enjoy it. Now I have another new best friend. The dishwasher.

It's been almost a week since Kuya and his son returned from Sweden and I have been happily using the dishwasher. Until this morning. Guess what happened? I dishwashed the blender and it's cover. Somehow part of the cover, the one that you remove to add additional ingredients to whatever you're blending, fell down into the dishwasher's hot metal and got stuck there. The hot metal melted the hard plastic and it got stuck - as in glued. Now how could something like this happen to me? Of all the dishwashers in the world, why our company-owned dishwasher? How do I explain this to corporate housing? Will they charge us? How will the repairman fix it?

I find it funny but I'm not so sure if I really have to worry. Oh well, I guess I just have to report it and see what happens.

I used it again a while ago and smelled something funny. It smelled like burnt plastic.

Uh oh....

Comments

Popular Posts