Only One Awake

It's 11:46pm. Everyone is asleep. Tomorrow is another day. I have to wake up early to cook breakfast. I do want to go to bed but I am cherishing this time I have alone. This is a rare occurence these days. My mother-in-law, brother-in-law and his son are here, visiting from Sweden. It's going to be like this for about three more weeks. The house is in an order that isn't mine. It's actually a mess according to my and my husband's not-so-high standards. There are two queens in the castle these days. Two cooks in the kitchen. Two different styles of cooking. But one has to yield. Of course, it's always the younger one. That would mean me. The routines are broken. My daughter is enjoying having a playmate who doesn't seem to want to play with her. Because he is about 2 years older. On the other hand, I have two sets of helping hands which I am grateful for. There's more laughter in the house. There are no quiet meals. The stress is different. I will try to ignore it as much as I can and force myself to focus on the fun. It's 12:04am now. It's already "tomorrow". I'll sleep now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hi sujee! it really is better to yield. soon, your time will come naman hehehe. anyway, let them do the chores they want to do. think of it as giving yourself a break :)

Popular Posts