Mall Hopping in Deerfield, Illinois
My husband left for meetings in Hong Kong and Indonesia last Tuesday. So he asked his mom to be with me and my baby while he's away. I told M that I think I can manage being alone. But, for his own peace of mind, he insisted that his mom stay with me while he is gone.
Well, it's been four days already since MIL arrived. So far, everything's well. Good thing we do get along even though we somewhat have different personalities. Believe it or not, I'm more conservative than she is.
We were able to go out of the apartment a couple of times. The other day we explored the shopping strip right across the street, Deerfield Square, where we saw Bath and Body Works, Barnes & Noble, Walgreens as well as an organic grocery - Whole Food Market. Yesterday, we were more courageous. We took the car and drove to Deerbrook Mall which was 3 minutes away from our apartment. Some of the stores we found at the mall were Carter's Children's Wear, Famous Footwear, TJ Maxx and Best Buy.
The weather's been great the past two day. Great time to go out and enjoy the sun. Today we decided to stay home. Tomorrow, we might go out again.
All I can say is that it's really dangerous to leave 2 women alone...with cash...with access to the mall. No need to read between the lines. Uh oh.
Well, it's been four days already since MIL arrived. So far, everything's well. Good thing we do get along even though we somewhat have different personalities. Believe it or not, I'm more conservative than she is.
We were able to go out of the apartment a couple of times. The other day we explored the shopping strip right across the street, Deerfield Square, where we saw Bath and Body Works, Barnes & Noble, Walgreens as well as an organic grocery - Whole Food Market. Yesterday, we were more courageous. We took the car and drove to Deerbrook Mall which was 3 minutes away from our apartment. Some of the stores we found at the mall were Carter's Children's Wear, Famous Footwear, TJ Maxx and Best Buy.
The weather's been great the past two day. Great time to go out and enjoy the sun. Today we decided to stay home. Tomorrow, we might go out again.
All I can say is that it's really dangerous to leave 2 women alone...with cash...with access to the mall. No need to read between the lines. Uh oh.
Comments