Shoo Flea!
There are times that mysterious, itchy spots appear on our legs even though we know that there are no mosquitoes in the house. Then we find out that these spots are actually flea bites from our pets.
If you research about fleas on the internet, you will find out that these parasites (the female ones) can lay up to 20 eggs per day. That’s 600 eggs per month! More than that, you will also realize that fleas are very resilient and difficult to totally exterminate. Just thinking about how they multiply and bite makes my skin crawl.
If you are a mom like me with a pet dog and two kids below age 3 years old, I would be very concerned about the presence of fleas in the house.
How can I protect my kids and the entire household from fleas? Of course, I need to ensure that our pet as well as our home is flea-free. If I find that our dog has fleas, there are many flea treatments available in the market to kill fleas (eggs and larvae included).
This season, I plan to check our dog and the entire house for fleas and be religious in controlling these parasites.
If you research about fleas on the internet, you will find out that these parasites (the female ones) can lay up to 20 eggs per day. That’s 600 eggs per month! More than that, you will also realize that fleas are very resilient and difficult to totally exterminate. Just thinking about how they multiply and bite makes my skin crawl.
If you are a mom like me with a pet dog and two kids below age 3 years old, I would be very concerned about the presence of fleas in the house.
How can I protect my kids and the entire household from fleas? Of course, I need to ensure that our pet as well as our home is flea-free. If I find that our dog has fleas, there are many flea treatments available in the market to kill fleas (eggs and larvae included).
This season, I plan to check our dog and the entire house for fleas and be religious in controlling these parasites.

Comments