ACT LIKE A LADY / THINK LIKE A MAN by Steve Harvey

My brother gave me a belated birthday present which I received yesterday. It's a book by Steve Harvey (who, by the way, I don't really know) entitled Act Like A Lady / Think Like a Man. It's supposed to give women insight on "What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment." Sort of a play book for women to understand men. Mind you, it's a #1 New York Times Bestseller.
I'm only on the second chapter of the book and I already find it more entertaining than informative. There are points in the book that I can't help but share here in my blog.
1. No matter if a man is a CEO, a CON, or both, everything he does is filtered through his title (who he is), how he gets that title (what he does), and the reward he gets for the effort (how much he makes).
1. No matter if a man is a CEO, a CON, or both, everything he does is filtered through his title (who he is), how he gets that title (what he does), and the reward he gets for the effort (how much he makes).
2. Encoded in the DNA of the male species is that we are to be the provider and the protector of the family, and everything we do is geared toward ensuring we can make this happen.
3. Even more, we want to feel like we're number one.
4. Because in his world, he's being judged by other men, based on who he is, what he does, and how much he makes. That affects his mood.
5. His eye will be on the prize, and that prize may not necessarily be you if he isn't up where he wants to be in life.
6. Chapter 2: Our Love Isn't Like Your Love
7. I'm just saying that a man's love is different - much more simple, direct, and probably a little harder to come by.
8. If your man loves you, he's willing to tell anybody and everybody, "Look, man, this is my woman" or "this is my girl," "my baby's mama," or "my lady." In other words, you will have a title - an official one that far extends beyond "this is my friend," or "this is ___________ (insert your name here)."
9. And a man who truly loves you would never makey ou ask for money for necessities - he would make sure that you need and mostly want for nothing,...
10. ...a man - a real one, anyway - wants to feel needed.
I shall read the book some more and share some more points soon.

Comments